iBT Scores Breakdown: Writing (23), Listening (23), Reading (25), Speaking (28, 23 acceptable if you have 2 years work experience in supervisory or management positions in the U.S.) OR IELTS Score: Minimum score of 7.5 required.
*If you have a three-year degree versus a four-year degree, your transcript will be reviewed to determine whether you have met the necessary prerequisites for the program. Eligibility for admission can only be determined upon receipt of a complete application.
All international applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to allow sufficient time to receive all the necessary documents and to process and assess the application.
International applications are accepted for the Fall and Spring semester. We encourage all international applicants to send in their documents at least six months prior to the start of the semester applying to.
- Apply online
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section (Note: we only require two. Put N/A in third line)
- Submit resume as an attachment
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request for test scores to be sent by ETS to UMBC (code 5835)
All documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250 U.S.A.
Your application packet should include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines tuition classification)
- Two letters of recommendation (if you choose to forego the online option, please see the paper form here
- Personal statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations of the program. Statement should include applicant’s background, qualifications, career experience, and any additional pertinent information.
- Industry formatted resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- TOEFL or IELTS scores & GRE Scores
- Please note: All international students are required to submit Graduate Record and TOEFL scores unless you attended a university in an English-speaking country or hold an undergraduate degree from a U.S. institution.
- Application fee ($50 online)
- If paying by check, the check must be drawn on a bank with a U.S. location. The check should be payable to UMBC.
Obtaining Immigration Documents
If you intend to apply for an F-1 visa and require an I-20 from UMBC, please include the following additional documents with your application.
- Copy of valid passport
- Certified bank statement or bank verification letter from financial sponsor showing a minimum of $29,000 (USD) in available funds.
- Letter from financial sponsor stating they will be responsible for all living expenses and school-related expenses for the duration of your stay at UMBC.
Send these documents after receipt admission acceptance. Note: I-20 is processed after formal acceptance into the program.
All immigration related questions should be addressed to International Education Services by phone at (410) 455-2624 or by e-mail, email@example.com.
Presently, the program is not offering any financial aid or graduate assistantships.